Tuesday, March 13, 2018

My finished Fairy

Good morning everyone,

I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday morning.  Today is my son, Blakley's 15th birthday.  We went out for dinner Saturday to a Chinese buffet but today I am making all of his requested foods.  He is a carb and meat guy so it is fried pork, mac and cheese, steak fries, rolls and cake.

So on to the good stuff.  Yesterday I completed Aneke, The Tulip Fairy by Cross Stitching Art.  This is a gift for my mother.  In December she will turn 70 and I thought she would like something special.  Tulip is one of her favorite flowers and one of her favorite colors is red so it was a win.

It is hard to tell but her entire wings are made up of different shades of Kreinik #4 braid and tons of beads.  She was so much fun to stitch.  The fabric is 32ct Taupe Lugana.

My next project will be from the Nora Corbett's Pixie Blossom Collection called Geranium.

The color I chose is a 32ct Joblean from Fabrics by Stephanie.  I have had it for a few years but I think it is Peppermint.  It is the only red on her website.  Colors run lighter on 32ct Joblean for some reason. Just as FYI for you.

Well thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

  1. Your finished fairy is gorgeous! I'm sure your mom will love it! And I can't wait to see your progress on Geranium!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. I am so excited to start Geranium that I will probably start later this week.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like the dinner that every 15 year old boy would love. Happy Birthday to your son! Your Mom is going to love her stitched fairy for her special day. One because it is so pretty but most of all because you stitched it for her and put so much thought into it with the special threads and beads. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He enjoyed his dinner and ate so much he saved his cake for later. Thank you so much. I have never stitched a fairy before but it was a delight to stitch.

      Delete
  3. Your fairy is adorable! Your mum is sure to love it as it's stitched with love from you. I'm also stitching for my Mum's 70th this year, in September.

    The Geranium fairy is one of my favourites so I'm looking forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fairy, happy birthday to your son - I hope you had a super meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how gorgeous. That's a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your son. Such a gorgeous fairy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous fairy, Mary! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty projects and great idea,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...