Saturday, January 25, 2020

My big finish





Hi y'all,

Hope you have had a really fabulous January.  Personally, it has been the pits, to put it mildly.  However, stitching wise, it has been amazing.  I have a few smalls to show you next week, but I wanted to show you my big finish today.

It is called Swans and Shears Mystery SAL by Tempting Tangles Designs.  She is one of my favorite designers.  I changed the colors and used silk threads from Carrie's Creations Thread.  I sure do miss Carrie (she is no longer in business) but understand that things change.

I stitched it on 32ct off white Belfast that I coffee/tea dyed. I had to wash it and unfortunately the colors bled.  Luckily, everyone said it just looks like it was dyed that way.  I know eventually I will get over it, just not yet.  I worked on this on and off for at least a year so I am not getting rid of it. 

Thanks for letting me share my pride and joy with you.
Until Friday, Happy Stitching
Mary

7 comments:

  1. It's stunning Mary, the colours look great and any runs look as if they should be there. It's a great project to have accomplished

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, this is simply gorgeous! Well done on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for this stunning project. I think the fabric looks fine too and no-one else will know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great finish! Lots of stitching on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I'm so sorry to hear that your week is not going well. But your stitch is beyond gorgeous...so, so pretty. Love it! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Well done on your finish x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

Smalls SAL for April

 Good morning,   I hope everyone is doing well. It is the last friday of the month, so it is time for the Smalls SAL hosted by Rachel the Te...