Thursday, November 29, 2018

November's Smalls SAL Challenge

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well.  For those of us who celebrated Thanksgiving, I hope you had a lovely time.  It was just the 5 of us, but it was nice just to hang out together for the weekend.

I have been pretty busy stitching, especially with winter about to set in.  I think autumn skipped us this year.  Oh well, it just means more time to get projects done.

I have finished 3 more bunnies out of the Mini Bunnies series by Handblessings Design.  They are so cute and I have really enjoyed working on these.  I still have half of November and February to do and then the whole year will be done.  Next year I plan on stitching A Year in Cupcakes by Durene Jones.  I am going to stitch them individually and will rotate them out in a frame.  I have January and February all kitted up and ready to go.

Anyway, here is Oct:
Dec:
and Jan:
I also FFO'd Think Winter by Lizzie Kate.  Thanks to Danielle from Stitcherista on Flosstube for the tutorial.  I loved how they turned out.  I am going to work on Think Spring next and finish it the same way.

I also wanted to show you some of the bigger projects I have been working on.
Mandala is about 2/3rd's done.
Darth Vader's head:
and Swans and Shears SAL:
Thanks to Heather at the Stitching Lotus hosting the smalls challenge.  It has been a ton of fun.

Thanks so much for looking,
Mary

6 comments:

  1. Your bunny finishes are adorable. I especially the January one. What floss color did you use for the border? Thank you for sharing some of your larger WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin. I think it is one of my favorites too. I used DMC Variations 4010- Winter Sky.

      Delete
  2. Those Handblessings bunnies are sure adorable. Think Winter looks great. I love how it's FFOd. I may try that in my own finishing. Those are some big projects all right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cute finishes Mary. Nice progress on your other projects.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little bunnies are so cute. I think January is my favorite too. Think Winter was finished great; I'll have to keep that in mind for future projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bunny finishes are gorgeous. I have to agree that January is my favourite, but I love your spotty December material. Darth Vader's head looks like it will be epic!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...