Thursday, January 31, 2013

A crochet finish and an updated WIP pic

Good morning everyone on this windy day.  I can't believe the fluctuation in temperature this week.  I am staying home and catching up on alittle housework (yuck) and some stitching.  I am re-learning how to crochet and I just put the finishing stitches on this scarf.  Here is my handsome model, my oldest son Bradley.  He really likes it.

It will definately keep him warm when it get windy and cold.  Here is a close up photo.  It is all double crochet.  I am pleased that my middle son liked it so much he wants his done in the Saints colors.

Now that all my sons have at least one scarf I can now rotate the crochet/knitting to the weekends.  It is easier to do than cross stitch.  I started this one last night but wont work on it until the weekend.  The yarn is so soft and yummy.  I haven't decided if I will keep it for myself or give it to my mom.  She loves purple.  I will see how well it looks before I make a decision.

My neighbor is teaching me how to knit.  I started over what I did at her house because it was awful.  I read a beginners book I have at the house and decided to hold the yarn in my right hand and it went so much better. 

Last but not least, I have made slow progress with this UFO.  I am determined to finish it soon.  I will work on it during the week and will move the Novalee christmas WIP until this is done.  Wish me luck.

I am pleased that Bonnie received her package in the mail.  Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my blog.  Have a wonderful week.
Mary




4 comments:

  1. The scarf turned out great. Good luck on the knitting...it won't take you long to get the knack! And the stitching is beautiful...you're almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have certainly been busy girlfriend! Beautiful scarf and I'm sure it will keep him nice and warm. It's so neat that your learning to knit as well. Way to go! You have a wonderful weekend.
    LindaLee from
    CrossN' My Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your UFO looks pretty -- like those colors. I like the purple, too! Congrats on your scarf finish. Isn't it great when the kiddos want one just like their sibling's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello

    Just found your blog.
    Your son looks very cosy in that lovely scarf.
    Your sampler looks beautiful.
    Good luck with the knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...