Tuesday, June 5, 2012

2 framed finishes

Well I am so happy to have this finish completed.  I made this for my dad for Father's Day.  He worked for General Foods for 30 years before Kraft took over.  He was a route salesman and delivered Sanka, Yukon and Maxwell House coffee to resturants.  When the company was sold about 15 years ago they decided not to have route salesmen anymore.  Even though my dad has reinvented himself, he will always be the "coffee guy" to me. 

This is from an old leaflet done on 28ct Millennium Blue Cashel linen.  I framed it myself.

In addition, I was able to frame an old finish from 2008.  This is one of my favorites.  It is called Louisana Lighthouse and is from an old issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.  It is stitched on Enchanted Fabrics 28ct Lugana (can't remember color).  I sure do wish she was still in business.  I loved her fabrics.  I did this one for my husband since he is from Louisana.

I have a sweet story to share real quick.  I know as stitchers you will love this.  After I framed this my 5 year old son said, "Mommy, I just love your stitching."  It is just like art. I want you to keep on doing this.  I have to say all my family loves my finishes but he is always quick to make claims.  He wants this one in his room. 

It really made my day.
Mary in NC

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes! I love them both and I can see why your son wants it in his room. My daughter wants one of every thing I stitch in her room too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your finishes are great. And I love that you framed Maxwell House yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on two wonderful finishes! I particularly like your Louisiana Lighthouse - I can see why your son wants it for his room. I would love to hang it up in mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! Cute story about your son, my daughter claims pieces I have done for other people as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome finishes! How cool that your family appreciates your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary
    Congrats on the finishes, I really love the maxwell house one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finishes. Love the Maxwell House one. Brings back memories of commercials when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww. how sweet of your DS to say that. :) Your framed finishes look great, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sweet of your son :)
    Your framed finishes are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you mentioned your blog over at 1-2-3. I'm your newest member. Great job on your blog girlfriend. Keep it up. I'm over at
    My Stitching Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...