Friday, September 22, 2017

September Theme-Tas-Stitch

Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a great month and Happy Fall Y'all.  It is the beginning of my favorite season: Fall.  It is still hot here (in low 90's) but I am not complaining at all.

Thanks again to Kerry at Ramblings of a Biscornu Addict for hosting this SAL.

The last 2 weeks flew by.  I did manage to get some smalls completed but not that much on my larger projects.  Oh well, one day at a time.

The first small finish I did was the September section of Connie Gee Designs Rainbow SAL.  I used Carrie's Creation Thread in Sapphire.

The second one I just FFO'd today was Christmas Eve Delivery by the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  It was in the 2015 JCS Christmas issue.

Cording is not my strongest finishing skill.  Do you all have any tricks you can share?  I have watched Vonna's tutorial but I thought you might have some other tricks to share.  It isn't bad; I would say just average.

Here is a non-stitchy finish I completed this month.  It is a very easy table runner you can find here

Well, I bit the bullet and joined Flosstube.  If you are interested, you can find me here as Mary Cat Stitches.  I just thought it would be a great way to interact with others.

Well that is all for now.  I hope you have a great week and I will check back next week for the 2017 Smalls SAL update.

Thanks for looking,
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Both are lovely finishes. I love the sapphire thread you used for your September block. Nice looking tablecloth! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your cording looks great! Vonna's tutorial is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...