Good morning everyone,
For those of us that celebrate Labor Day I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We really didn't do much, but Bill got to watch lots of Football.
I still accomplished my goals for the week but I had to make some changes. I got sick on Friday so I didn't stitch. Because of that, I didn't do the Fiesty Focus challenge because I knew I couldn't get a lot of stitches in over the weekend. However, I did use this as my theme wip for MMC and completed 203 stitches.
I also stitched for the Sampler September weekend challenge. The theme was monochromatic and I chose Arabesque by Jan Hicks. I stitched 250 stitches and am now at 40%.
Here is the front picture:
It is suppose to be an ornament but I am choosing to make it a biscornu. It is the pattern in the blue.
I chose Diamont white metallic, Kreinik purple metallic, dmc dark purple and an old Mo's sale floss called African Violet. I am using 28ct white evenweave.
Lastly, I started to ffo Paige's gift. I purchased a 9 inch hoop and washi tape from Amazon. I wrapped it in black and will use the red fabric to make a backing.
Front:

Great work especially on your biscornu, great idea to use an ornament pattern
ReplyDeleteThank You. I figure if it is a square, it can work.
DeleteI never thought of making a biscornu into an ornament. Great idea. Love all of your stitches. Janice
ReplyDeleteThanks Janice. I appreciate your kind comment.
DeleteThe ornament is going to be gorgeous as a biscornu😍 the gift for Paige is perfect, sure to get some laughs! Hope you're feeling better🙂
ReplyDeleteThank you, just a combination of motion sickness with some allergies. I am feeling a lot better. I hope she likes it too. Her favorite color is purple so she should like it. (fingers crossed).
DeleteThis is one of the better articles I've read.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
Delete