Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Update for September 1-7

 Good morning everyone,

For those of us that celebrate Labor Day I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We really didn't do much, but Bill got to watch lots of Football.

I still accomplished my goals for the week but I had to make some changes.  I got sick on Friday so I didn't stitch.  Because of that, I didn't do the Fiesty Focus challenge because I knew I couldn't get a lot of stitches in over the weekend.  However, I did use this as my theme wip for MMC and completed 203 stitches.


If I have time this month, I will try to put more stitches in her.  She is so pretty.  The cover photos never do Nora Corbett's work justice.

I also stitched for the Sampler September weekend challenge.  The theme was monochromatic and  I chose Arabesque by Jan Hicks.  I stitched 250 stitches and am now at 40%.

Week 1 of this challenge I chose Salem Halloween Quaker by WitchGardenCrafts on Etsy.  I completed 550 stitches and am now at 56.42%.


I worked on Macarons by Riolis yesterday as part of the MMC challenge.  I stitched 332 stitches.  I love working on this project.  

I have been suffering from burnout.  I like my projects but am bored/unmotivated.  I decided to do a biscornu for Paige.  Blake asked me if I could make her one and so I decided to do it.  I found this book at the thrift store a few weeks ago.  I am sure I had it at one point, but when I moved a few years ago, I donated all of my hard copy books.  

Here is the front picture:

It is suppose to be an ornament but I am choosing to make it a biscornu.  It is the pattern in the blue. 

 


I chose Diamont white metallic, Kreinik purple metallic, dmc dark purple and an old Mo's sale floss called African Violet.  I am using 28ct white evenweave. 


Lastly, I started to ffo Paige's gift.  I purchased a 9 inch hoop and washi tape from Amazon.  I wrapped it in black and will use the red fabric to make a backing.

Front:


Back: 

I hope you all have tons of stitchy time.  Thanks for looking and commenting.  I really appreciate it.

Hugs,
Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.