Monday, June 10, 2019

June's Fully Finished SAL

Hi y'all,

I just want to thank Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher for hosting this wonderful SAL. 


I am happy to say that I have a fully finished project this month.  I stitched this project last year for my son Brentley.  To be honest, this wasn't the original project I was going for.  I started Ink Circles Cirque des Triangles but I kept making mistakes. I decided to scrap the project but I still had a ton of fabric left and a lot of Carrie's Creation overdyed floss.  I then went to search for the perfect pattern and I found one on Etsy. 


A few months ago I was at The Goodwill store and happened upon this frame.  I always try to pick up the square frames and anything else that is unusual.  It was originally a medium brown color but we decided that a white frame would make the project stand out.  We had to wait until the weather was warmer and then Bill (my husband) spray painted the frame white. 

My son has been on vacation to visit my family in Florida, so we took that time to repaint his room.  As you can tell, his favorite color is green.  The picture is now hanging in his room, waiting for him to get home tomorrow.  I think he is really going to love it.

Well, that is all for now.

Thanks for looking,
Mary

9 comments:

  1. Terrific stitching and the perfect frame find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining in this month! I love the minimalist no-fuss approach to your finished piece. The white frame really does make it pop; it would definitely have been lost against brown. Hope your son likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect finish Mary, the frame is ideal. I´m sure your son is going to be pleased and maybe want another design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prefect finish, frame and colouring, it looks superb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great piece - I hope he liked his surprise when he got home x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The frame is perfect!!! Congrats on a FFO!! Green is my fav color too!! Hope he loves your big surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat project! It's a great color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your son is going to love the surprise and the great finish. I've been out of town and trying to catch up with all of my blogging friends. I hope you have a wonderful week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect frame for this gorgeous project. He will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

Smalls SAL for April

 Good morning,   I hope everyone is doing well. It is the last friday of the month, so it is time for the Smalls SAL hosted by Rachel the Te...