Monday, April 15, 2024

April Gifted Gorgeousness

 Good morning everyone,

I hope everybody is having a wonderful April.  I love this time of year where the sun shines bright and stays out longer.  

Today is the third Monday of the month so that means another round of Gifted Gorgeousness hosted by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching (Here).

 I have 3 projects to show you this month that is 1 finish and 2 wips.

I finished my mom's ornament for the month.  It is called Christmas Woodpecker by Punochka in the JCS 2022 Ornament Issue.

My mom always said that certain times of the year, you could hear woodpeckers pecking right outside her window.  Yesterday, my husband and I were going for a walk and spotted 2 woodpeckers high up in a tree.  They are back.  They are very pretty birds with their red spots among the white and black feathers.

I also made some really great progress on Strawberry Harvest by Cottage Garden Samplings.  I did over 400 stitches in my rotation.  I concentrated on the upper border and started on the crown of their head.  Luckily it matched up to where I ended, so it should be a lot easier to complete the bird.  I just love the colors on this one.


Lastly, I worked on Louisiana for my husband.  I still don't have a page finish, but I filled in the large spot that needed done.  It is now fully completed so that I can move over and complete the page.  I have half of the A and then page 2 will be done.




Thank you all so much for looking.  I look forward to seeing everyone else's progress for the month.

Hugs,
Mary



5 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching, there was always a woodpecker in my mother-in-law's garden. Good progress on Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. We don't often see woodpeckers here but I do hear them sometimes! I do like Punochka's designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute ornament! I used to have a woodpecker visit my bird feeder regularly! I don't know how I missed that one! Louisiana is coming along nicely, I lived there for a bit while my husband was in the military. Strawberry Harvest is looking lovely! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you're stitching on! The finished ornament is so pretty 😍 Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary. What a cute woodpecker.😆
    Both Strawberry Harvest and Louisiana to progressing smoothly.
    Happy stitch.😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

Smalls SAL for April

 Good morning,   I hope everyone is doing well. It is the last friday of the month, so it is time for the Smalls SAL hosted by Rachel the Te...