Saturday, March 16, 2024

Gift of Gorgeousness for March

 Happy March everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.  I want to thank Jo from Serendipitous Stitching for hosting the Gift of Gorgeousness SAL over on her blog.  It is a great way of showing what we have been given as gifts or what we are working on for others.  Luckily, I have a few things to show you today.


I was gently reminded from Rachel at Ten Hour Stitcher about posting the direct link and not just to my blog.  In my excitment and the fact I was doing it from my phone, I didn't do that.  I am now posting from my computer so hopefully it will be easier.  Sorry for any inconvience it may have caused.

I have been deligently working on projects since the last time I posted.  I wish I could stitch a tad faster but I am sure that is everyone's wish.

The first project I want to show is the ornament I completed for my mom.  It is called Happy Holidays by From the Heart, Needleart by Wendy.  It was in the JCS 2023 ornament issue.  I have to say, this has been one of my favorite issues in recent years.  I used random floss from my stash and a scrap piece of 28ct coffee dyed Monaco fabric. It looks much prettier in person.  I tried to replicate the colors Wendy chose.


I also worked on Louisiana by LubaDaviesAtelier on Etsy.  It is a gift for my husband, Bill.  It is slow going right now, but that is ok.  I am almost done with page 2 out of 6.  Once I finish the top, it will get more exciting.  I am stitching it with the called for DMC floss and 28 ct white Monaco fabric. I would have posted a picture but it is protected.  The excitement will come the more I stitch.


I also worked on Baked Alaska by Glendon Place.  My goal was to complete page one, and I did.  I also did quite a bit on page 4.  I know I am cutting it close with the fabric and I wanted to see if it was ok.  It looks like I will have about 1-inch to 1-1/4- inch.  I can always add more to the bottom later.  This is a gift for my oldest son, Bradley.  I plan on doing 2 more in the series for my other 2 sons.

What it will look like:


My progress Pic:

I opted out of using Dinky Dyes silks and chose my own colors of overdyed cotton floss on 28 count Antique White Lugana.

Last is a new start.  I was gifted a Michael's Craft Store gift card so I kitted up some projects.  I love strawberries so I decided to start Strawberry Harvest by Cottage Garden Samplings.  It is done on 32 count evenweave.  

What it will look like: 

My progress picture:

I usually work from the top, left-hand quarter but for some strange reason I decided to work from the middle.  Big mistake! Oh well, I will work on the border next time and then I can tackle the bird again.

I hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend.  I am off to look at everyone's blog and do some stitching.  

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Mary



8 comments:

  1. You've been busy! All of these look fabulous! Is your husband from Louisiana? I lived there for a little while when my husband was in the military. I loved the cuisine there! Strawberry Harvest is a lovely pattern, I will enjoy watching that come to life! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, DJ. Yes, my husband is from Chalmette, LA. My sons are currently living in Hammond. Nothing can compare to the food there. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Lovely projects, I do like Strawberry Harvest. Good luck with Louisiana for your husband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare. I love the colors in Strawberry Harvest,. It is my first Country Garden Samplings pattern. It is really enjoyable.

      Delete
  3. You did have a lot to share and very pretty things at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful to make a piece of art for your family and give it as gift. The family that receives your heartfelt gifts is happy.🙌

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seem to have missed this post! Thanks for taking part in GG in March, love the Glendon Place design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

Smalls SAL for April

 Good morning,   I hope everyone is doing well. It is the last friday of the month, so it is time for the Smalls SAL hosted by Rachel the Te...