Saturday, August 31, 2019

August Smalls Check-In

Hi Y'all,

Wow!  Can you believe that it is Labor Day weekend? It is a federal holiday celebrated in the United States  to honor men and women in the work force.  I hope everyone who celebrates has a fun extended weekend, and for those who don't celebrate it I hope you have a fabulous weekend too.

Well, this month began when my 2 youngest sons went back to school.  That gave me about a week to hang out with my oldest son Bradley before he went off to college.  He has been there for about 2 weeks and so far so good. 

Even though it has been crazy getting back into our family routine I have been stitching up a storm.

I only have 1 small finish completed but I have been working non-stop on my rotation of larger projects. I even have a new start for Halloween.  I love Halloween and it is my favorite holiday by far.

1st off is July's Cupcake by Durene Jones.  I am a month behind but I am not worried.  I have started on August and should hopefully be done by the end of the weekend.

This is part 7 in A Year In Cupcakes and I purchased the pattern in her ETSY shop.

I have really enjoyed stitching these cute cupcakes.

The second thing I wanted to show you is part 1 of Stitchonomy's 2019 Halloween SAL.  I have no idea how I stumbled upon this designer but I am so glad I did.  It is a free SAL and the link to sign up is Drawlloween2019
I am using some 28ct evenweave (I think it is Jubilee) it is a discontinued 100% cotton fabric.  I eco-dyed it with black beans.  I post how I did this next week.  I didn't write the words or the symbols on the sides because I am waiting on the floss list.  The link didn't work yesterday.  It officially kicks off on October 1st.

Lastly is a non stitchy finish,  I have been addicted to watching DIY projects on YouTube.  I wanted to try my hand at making a wreath.  I made this football one and my youngest son wants it.  I have 2 more wreaths to make so stay tuned.  It is simple but I love how it turned out.  It looks better in person.

Now I am off to look at everyone's fabulous smalls.  I hope you have a great month!
Mary






7 comments:

  1. Your cupcake is gorgeous, and I do love your wreath. It's very unique, and I can see why your son has claimed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cupcake! It's always nice to get back into the routine, though I'm sure you miss your college age son! Thanks for joining the SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! Such sweet projects you shared. I love the cupcake stitch. I can see why your son wants your wreath...it is so perfect for the upcoming college football season. Come by and see us...we have a three part freebie this month that is adorable and you may like. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job keeping up with the cupcakes, they're so cute! The SAL looks fun. I quit doing SALs as I just don't keep up and then lose interest. Love the football wreath. It's way cool says this football fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cupcake stitch is adorable but I love the wreath!!! What a clever idea and I"m sure it looks even better in person, I find that happens a lot to me. I think it's difficult to take photos that show the beauty and creativity of our work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...