Friday, July 26, 2019

July- Smalls SAL Update

Good Afternoon,

Sorry for the delay but I totally forgot about the last Friday of the month.  It just kind of sneaks up on you all of a sudden.
Thank you Mary at Mary's Thread for hosting this SAL.  I love stitching smalls, especially on the weekends when my stitching time is limited.  This month I decided to do my own version of Christmas in July.  Since I didn't have any wips, I chose to work on Christmas Ornaments this month.  I always have the best intentions on stitching tons of ornaments, but somehow it is never the right time until December.  I go to set up the Christmas tree and then get disappointed on my lack of homemade decorations.

Well, I was able to complete 4 but I only took pictures of 3.  I will have the opportunity to ffo them next month when the boys go back to school.

What I love about stitching ornaments is that I can use random or scrap floss and material.

I chose to select projects out of the 2010 JCS Ornament issue.

#1- Star by JBW Designs.

My only change was that I omitted the word Star.  I used random 28ct Linen that was tea dyed and Limited Edition Carrie's Creation Silk floss in red.

#2- Joy by LadyBug Lane Designs

My fabric was 32ct White Chocolate Linen and misc red floss.

#3 Regal Red Christmas by Milady's Needle.
My fabric was the same 28ct Linen that was tea dyed.  I chose to use an old hand-dyed floss in my stash.  Can't remember who, but it is over 10 years old.  I used a color called Evergreen to match the backing fabric for the ornament.  I had to alter the design because the skein was small (about 5 yards) and it was too big.  They used a 40 count.  Overall, I think it looks pretty.

My plans for the next month, I am in the process of doing another Christmas ornament and I hope to get it done over the weekend.  I have a biscornu wip that needs done and I also need to do July and August for the Year In Cupcakes series.  Then I will be up to date.

Thanks so much for looking and all of your wonderful comments.
Mary



9 comments:

  1. You've done some nice stitching this month. The star is my favorite. I might just have to dig out that issue and stitch it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finishes! I really like the Milady's Needle piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! I love all of your beautiful Christmas stitching. I especially love the FC star. You have done such pretty work. . My internet has been down this week (guys working in our neighborhood all week) so I'm just catching up with everyone. Hope you have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...