Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Update on some Halloween Stitching

Hi y'all,

Hope you are having a wonderful spring day.  It is gorgeous outside and the temps are perfect.  I was actually able to go for a walk.  I hope you have had lots of stitchy time.

I decided on April 29th that I would participate in Stitchmaynia.  Nothing like waiting til the last moment, huh? Stitchmaynia is a group on Facebook and they host a month long challenge during May.  You are able to do any kind of variation you want. Normally you would stitch 19 new starts (18 last year), but there was no way I could handle starting that many charts at one time.  So I decided to concentrate on some of my larger wips.

So here we are in May stitching on Halloween.  I love Halloween so it is no hardship.  I pulled out The Key by Stitchyfish Designs.  It was in the 2016 JCS Halloween issue.

Here was my starting point:

I was able to accomplish quite a bit in 4 days.  There were 3 days where I couldn't get to it but I was able to work on smalls.
Here is my ending point for this wip. 
So now the entire outside border is compete and I am very happy with my progress.

My next wip for the week is Swans and Shears by Tempting Tangles.  I'll be back next Tuesday with a progress report.

Thank you so much for looking and have a great week.
Mary


2 comments:

  1. The Key is on my wanna stitch list. Love the fabric you're using. I'm a Halloween kinda gal too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems very sensible to not try and stitch 19 new things - I would join you in that decision! Great progress on The Key x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW - April 2024

 Good evening everyone, This weekend was IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) for April hosted on Facebook by the lovely Jo from S...