Friday, May 10, 2019

Fully Finished SAL- May 10th

Hi y'all,

Hope y'all are having a wonderful Friday.  I would like to wish those of us who are celebrating Mother's Day an extra special day.

Thank you Rachel at The 10 Hour Stitcher for hosting this fun SAL. 

The Front:

I don't always have a fully finished ffo but I did manage to get one done last month.  The pattern is an old freebie and I am not sure where I got it from.  I stitched it on 32ct White Chocolate Linen and DMC Coloris in States.  I made the decorative counting pins and was very easy.

The Back:

I was doing a search and I noticed that people that sewed would make pincushions or sachets that resembled biscornus so I thought I would experiment.  You wouldn't think it would be more difficult than hand-sewing but it was.  I am still happy with it and would try it again but I would do it slightly different.  I think next time I am going to do a basting stitch and then hand sew them together.  I hope to try that technique over the summer and will let you know how it goes.

I hope you get lots of stitching time in and I will check back with you all at the end of the month for Mary's Smalls SAL 2019 hosted by Mary's Threads.

Thanks again for all the wonderful comments.
Mary

6 comments:

  1. Your biscornu turned out super. I love the design you stitched up. Great looking thread! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful - I am getting more and more tempted to try a biscornu but I may wait for you to try your basting and hand stitching technique x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finish! My daughter made me a fabric biscornu for Christmas a couple of years ago, but I never thought of doing part cross stitch and part fabric. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking part in this month's FFG SAL. I've never see a half-stitched half-fabric biscornu either but yours looks just as good as a fully stitched one. Hope you get good use out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I've also never seen a biscornu with fabric backing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project Mary. Great work. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW - April 2024

 Good evening everyone, This weekend was IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) for April hosted on Facebook by the lovely Jo from S...