Wednesday, April 24, 2019

April's Smalls Check-in

Good Morning y'all,

I want to thank Mary at Mary's Thread for hosting this wonderful SAL.  It has really motivated me to get projects done.

I am posting a few days early so A.) I wouldn't forget.  and B.) It might be a little busy for me.  My husband, Bill and oldest son, Bradley went out of town to go to college orientation.  They are returning sometime Friday but my middle son, Blakley, has football scouting.  He is a rising Junior and has colleges looking at him for football. 

Anyway,  I do have some finishes to show you.  2 are smalls and 1 is a medium size project. 

1st small is another kiss from the Cricket Collection.  This was a freebie many years ago.  I believe it is called Snowflake Kiss.  I used 28ct Cashel linen that I acrylic dyed. My youngest son, Brent claimed it as his.  Pretty cool since he is 12.

2nd small is A Year In Cupcake- April by Durene Jones. Used called for DMC on 28ct Monaco fabric.

My medium project is Geranium Fairy by Nora Corbett.  It was my first fairy by her and I just loved working with the metallic floss and beads.  I stitched her with called for floss on 28ct lambswool Joblean. I plan on starting Ms. Christmas Eve on June 18th to celebrate my 50th birthday.  Go big or go home is my motto.

Thanks so much for reading my blog.  I can't wait to see everyone's progress.

8 comments:

  1. Mary good luck and best wishes to your older son. I hope he finds the perfect college. And congrats to your second son and being scouted for a football scholarship. How exciting.

    Your three stitches are wonderful and I love their finishes. My favorite is the one your youngest son has said is his. The color of the fabric is the prettiest. Have a great day. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely finishes you shared, Mary! I love the snowflake kiss stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that your son is being scouted for Football, hope he gets a great scholarship! Your smalls are all lovely!!! Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute projects! I love the Geranium Fairy, her colors are so pretty! Thanks for joining the SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a football fan, of the pros, I think that's pretty cool your son has scouts already checking him out. That must be exciting. Sounds like quite the busy time in your house. I'm impressed your 12 year old son wants one of your ornaments! Cute finishes you have there. Bravo on your first Nora! Looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finishes! That fairy is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finishes! Snowflake Kiss is adorable! I'm partial to your Mirabilia fairy too. Her fairies are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW - April 2024

 Good evening everyone, This weekend was IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) for April hosted on Facebook by the lovely Jo from S...