Friday, July 6, 2018

A small patriotic finish

Good Morning y'all.

First, I would like to thank everyone for their kind and wonderful comments from my last post.  It really means a lot to me.  Second. Happy Canada Day and Happy 4th of July for all those who celebrated.  We kept it low key since it was too hot to cook out.

I have a small finish for the week.  It is July mini bunnies by Handblessing Designs from the Aug JCS 2018 issue.  I have really enjoyed this series a great deal. 
I stitched this on 32ct Joblean in Queen Anne's Lace.  I struggled stitching on this fabric so I think I will stay away from Joblean.  For those who like a softer fabric you would really enjoy working on this.  I had to substitute the ducks for a star because I could not get it stitched right.  I still love it.

I also started Blessed Land by Tempting Tangles.  I am using Desert Sand 32 ct Linen by Wichelt.  It is super stiff but since I work in-hand I like it.  It called for African Daisy Joblean but I didn't want yellow fabric for this design.

Believe it or not, that is 504 stitches.  I am really enjoying this piece, I am just scared to the stars.  Wish me luck.  I am going to put this one down next week and work on some Christmas projects.  I will come back next Friday with some updates.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Mary

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable patriotic finish, Mary! You are off to a good start on the piece by Tempting Tangles. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet finish!! I cannot even begin to imagine stitching in hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great finish, and great timing for 4th July! Was this an intended coincidence or just lucky? Great start; I can't believe you count your stitches! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much. Actually both. The Facebook group, Cross Stitch Finish Line has the 1st 7 days dedicated to series stitching, so I am trying to finish each month by the 7th of that month.

      Delete
  4. It was hot here too though that wouldn't stop my husband from grilling steaks haha.

    Your patriotic bunny is so cute. I really like joblean though I have only used 20ct. Though it is quite soft and frays like there is no tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree with it fraying a lot. I love their hand-dyed choices and wish that Lugana had similar colors.

      Delete
  5. Oh what a sweet patriotic stitch. It is perfect for this time of the year. Love how you finished it. Have a super week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

Smalls SAL for April

 Good morning,   I hope everyone is doing well. It is the last friday of the month, so it is time for the Smalls SAL hosted by Rachel the Te...