Friday, June 22, 2018

I am back with some finishes

Good morning everyone,

Wow!  The time has really flown and I can't believe it has been 2 months since my last post.  I hope everyone is having tons of fun this summer and getting some stitchy time in.

I have been very busy and have finished several things since we have last visited each other.  The first thing I want to show you is my Seasons in Chalk, Stars in Stripes by Hands on Designs that was in the July 2016 JCS issue.  I am doing each one and will make them all into pillows. 

I am currently working on Seasons in Chalk Christmas out of the Dec 2016 JCS issue.  Here is an update after working on it for 4 days.  It is so much fun.  I dyed some Charles Craft 14 ct Opal Aida in black and I am really happy with the results.
I also did the mini bunnies from the May/June 2018 JCS issue.  Here is May:
Here is June:
I ffo'd the skull and I just love how it turned out.
I was working on Ink Circles pattern called Cirque de Triangles but I just couldn't get into it.  I am sure we have all been there before.  So I cut off what I stitched and went looking for a pattern that I could still use the floss and fabric for.  I found this Mandala by Heritage Stitch on Etsy.  It reminds me of the Spiralgraph toy I had as a kid.
I also started on this baby sampler for my great-niece Eden.  I have finished all the leaves and just need to finish the trunk and the tree will be done.  There will be some woodland animals at the bottom.  I found this on Etsy and the store name is NikkiPattern.
Last but not least is the free pattern on Lakeside Needlecrafts website.  I am really enjoying this one.
It is done on some 28ct Monaco evenweave I hand-dyed last year.

Thanks so much for looking and catching up with me.  Have a great weekend.
Mary


10 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you blogging Mary, what a lot of stitching and finishing. I do like May's bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, what super finishes you shared! I like your patriotic piece on the lighter background. Wow! The pair of bunnies make me smile. Thank you for sharing! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, so much stitching! All so beautiful but I love the bunnies best of all, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful stitching and finishing! You have been too busy stitching to post! The little bunnies are adorable and love the red bird in the tree...Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your needle must be smoking. Niece finishes I loved the bunny and bird one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that black dyed fabric is awesome! It will really make the snow pop. Ink Circles patterns are always so interesting to watch grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that's definitely a lot of stitching and finishing. Great job, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow so many lovely stitching pieces! I am particularly enjoying the skull and the fabric colour is has been stitched on! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice lot of work this is! I love your Patriotic Pillow! So fun! And your cute bunnies! I can't wait to see the Baby Sampler finished, it looks really nice! And have you every shared how you dye fabric? The fabric you're using on the Lakeside Freebie is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW - April 2024

 Good evening everyone, This weekend was IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) for April hosted on Facebook by the lovely Jo from S...