Wednesday, September 23, 2026

September 17 - 23 stitchy update

 Hi,

I am so glad you are here catching up with me.  It is so nice of you to visit.  I have had a great week of crafting and hanging out with family.  I have finally taken the plunge and am trying to learn Hand Embroidery.  I will tell you more about that towards the end.

Days 17 and 18 got me into the Christmas mood as I continued to work on Christmas Sampler by Durene Jones.  I am so excited because I am at 92.71%.  

My goal is to work on it next week and hopefully push through to get it done next month.  I am almost done with the center and the right side should be pretty easy.

Days 19 and 20 -  I stitched 472 stitches on Jasmine Fairy and got so much completed on her.  My goal is to dedicate Sat and Sun to her until she is completed (or close that I only have beading left).
Day 21- I completed 221 stitches on Cinnamon and Honey.  I only have one more acrostic and they the MMC challenge for Sept is complete.

I noticed that some of the burnt orange is lighter than it is suppose to be.  I will wait until it is done and fix it.  

I am working on A Royal Alphabet for this weeks Sampler September challenge,  I have about 250 stitches left until I can change projects.  I will show you my progress next week.

My mom and I went to Aldi's today and they actually had some cute crafty things.  They had small diamond painting Halloween kits for $3.99 each and my mom picked out this one.  They also had this cute cross stitch kit, as well as knitting and crochet for $7.99 each.

I puchased a 4 part basic beginner embroidery kit from Amazon.  I practiced a few things and decided that I will only work on them when I want to practice a certain stitch.  The fabric is so thick and it hurts my hands, especially with 6 strands.  The plus side is that my french knots look so much better than before.

So I rummaged through my stash of sewing fabric and found this orange scrap.  I searched and found a template for a ghost and have started the outline.  I have decided to use 4 strands and backstitch the outline in white and the eyes and mouth in black.  


I have done backstitch for cross stitch all the time.  For embroidery,  I need to get use to doing it without holes.  I searched online for a filling stitch so I am going to do a combination long and short stitch for the body and satin stitch for the eyes and mouth.  I don't have any progress to show you today because I just did this a little while ago.
I am going to take my time and not stress.  I will show my progress next week.

Until then, 
Happy Stitching!
Mary




2 comments:

  1. Your stitching is so sweet. Good luck on your embroidery. My maternal grandmother taught me how to cross stitch, embroider and crochet, but right now am loving just cross stitching. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice. Cross Stitch will always be my first love but I have wanted to try Embroidery for a few years now. I hope with patience, I can get decent at it.

      Delete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.