Friday, August 7, 2026

Arbitary August Days 4-6

Happy Friday everyone,

I hope you had a great few days with tons of stitching.  I am happy to say I have managed to complete each day on time and with at least 200 stitches. It is so satisfying when I compare the before and after photos; the difference that even 200 stitches make is wonderful.

Day 4 project is called Panoply of Posies by Tempting Tangles.  I have had this in my stash for a few years and decided this was a perfect time to start it.  This is one of the projects I started during my birthday month of June.  As a tradition, I try to pick out a few projects to start as a celebration.  I went through my kitted up projects and decided to pull this one out.

I am choosing my own DMC colors that are different than the Dinky Dyed floss Deb chose.  I love these kinds of charts where you can pick your own colors.  I am doing it on a 32 count Belfast Linen.  I love stitching on 32 count but my eyes don't.  

Here is a before picture:


I was able to complete 220 stitches and is at 1.8% complete.  I am so glad I have Pattern Keeper because otherwise I am scared how much I could potential mess up.


Day 5 was Granny Sunflowers by Carolyn Manning Designs. You can buy PDF’s and all of her current  designs here. She is so talented. I am stitching this on 14 ct black Aida. 


I stitched 213 stitches and am at 47.52%.  I hope to get in stitches at least 5 times a week as my daily 70.  My goal is to finish it by the end of September or early October,.  This is a start from 2025 and I feel confident it will get done before the time change.


Day 6 was a kit from Riolis called Macarons.  This kit uses cotton floss instead of wool/acrylic.  



I was able to complete the pink cookie, work finish the pink part of the ribbon and start on the pale yellow of the daylily.  

Every time I pick up this WIP, I think of my husband Bill. When I first started it, he thought they were colored hamburgers.  He cracks me up.

Well that is all for now.
Have a great weekend and Happy Stitching! 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.