Saturday, July 25, 2026

Colonial Women Finished

 Good Saturday morning,

I hope y'all are having a wonderful day.  The sun is shining and I am ready for a day of stitching.

I spent the first week of July rotating my patriotic wips.  In my last post, I showed Betsy Bunny from the 2023 JCS mag and that was a SAF (start and finish) for the month of July.  I have seen so many stitchers stitch her up, so I decided now was the time to work on her too.  I also worked on Colonial Women during that time also. It is a project I started in 2025 and it was closest to a finish.  This is such a classic design and perfect for my collection.  The only drawback is that it was an older chart, and I couldn't make a working copy because of the quality, so I had to mark up the chart. Oh well, that is just a hazard for liking older charts.

Here is a picture of my finish. I used the called for colors on some 28ct Linen (probably antique white).  I omitted the last row and I still think it looks fine.

Usually I never write down when I start a project, only when I finish it.  I am going to do better about which year I start projects. I sat down and went over various post from my social media platforms.  I go by MaryCatStitches if you are on Instagram and TikTok.  I have 4 projects from 2024, 3 projects from 2025 and 10 projects from 2026.  I say soon to be projects because I am starting a project for Blakley's girlfiend.  Her name is Paige and they have been dating for about 1-1/2 years.  She has recently got into Needlepoint and I am happy she found a craft she likes. She is a nursing student and likes cheeky sayings.  We thought this chart would be perfect for her.  I am going to start it this week.  I will use the called for colors on 16ct Aida.
I am also starting this amazing Halloween pattern that Briecrafty85 on TIkTok is hosting. I know I can't get much done this year, but it will be fun to start it with all the other stitchers. It is called Halloween Bottles by Emma Congdon and is in the CrossStitcher 2025 Oct magazine.  I ordered 16ct Aida and the floss. 

I am going to take pictures and organize my wips and post each one this week.  I will do it by year.

I also participate in Magazine Montly Challenge hosted my Carolyn at CZHook on Youtube.  The Theme and Acrostic for August is already out. So if you want to play along on your blog that would be fun.
Theme: Collaboration 
Acrostic:  F
                O
                R 
                E
                S
                T
I will show you this week which projects I will be working on specifically for this challenge.

Also be on the lookout for a special project I am working on for my friends Christmas present.
I am putting some of it together in the next week or 2 and I will share my journey with you.

Until next time.
Hugs and Happy Stitching




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

Colonial Women Finished

 Good Saturday morning, I hope y'all are having a wonderful day.  The sun is shining and I am ready for a day of stitching. I spent the ...