Thursday, February 15, 2024

First post of 2024

 Hello dear friends,

I bet you thought I forgot about you, but I haven't. Gosh, the last few months have really flown by. Between getting a new computer and figuring it all out and just being busy with family is the only reason why I haven't posted.  I have been stitching a lot so here goes my finish parade for 2023.

Darth Vader by NikkiPatterns on Etsy. Finished on Nov 2, 2023. This is for my son, Blake.  He loves Star Wars. Done on 14 ct Black Aida and Sulky 12wt threads.


Well after working on so many large pieces, I decided to work on an ornament.  I did a stash buster by using scraps of fabric and floss.  I love the color changes.  It is called Peace Angel by Nikycreations from the JCS Ornament 2019 issue. My mom mentioned she would love some stitched ornaments so this year I am trying to do 1 a month.  I will add this to my finishing pile for her because she loves angels.


Lucy Milton Sampler by The City Stitcher was completed on 11/28/23.  I did this on 36 count linen but I don't love the small count fabric.  I omitted some of the bottom part. I love this small little sampler.


Bill's nephew and wife were expecting their first child.  It is a tradition that I stitch a Christmas ornament for the new baby of the family.  This is my second one so far.  My husband chose the pattern and I personalized it with her name, Pearl.  It is called Gentle Glow by Gentle Pursuit Designs from the JCS 2023 ornament issue. Done with the scrap piece of 36 ct linen and various overdyed floss.


The last finish of 2023 was Patriot House by The Calico Confectionary from ETSY.  I finished this on 12/11/2023.  I really enjoyed stitching this pattern. 32ct linen and called for DMC.

I will come back later this week and post my finishes so far for 2024.  I have 4.  I really appreciate the support and comments.  

I hope you have an amazing stitchy day.
Hugs,
Mary




5 comments:

  1. Great finishes! I have been trying to use small bits of fabric and threads leftover from other projects to make ornaments also. I really like the LM sampler. The design and colors are very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you, new technical stuff doesn't always make life easy, takes me ages to work stuff out when I get a new phone. Lovely stitching and great finishing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary: Lovely stitching, the Angel is adorable, Darth Vader is wonderful in American Flag, thank-you for sharing yopur wonderful stitching with us.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you back again and with some fantastic finishes! It's always a good feeling to get the gift stitching done🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely varied stitching to welcome us back! Darth Vader is amazing and the baby ornament is so sweet. Pearl is a lovely old fashioned name you don’t often hear nowadays.
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

Smalls SAL for April

 Good morning,   I hope everyone is doing well. It is the last friday of the month, so it is time for the Smalls SAL hosted by Rachel the Te...