Thursday, January 27, 2022

January 2022 Smalls Update

 Good Morning everyone,

I am a day early with this post but that is ok.  Thanks to Mary at Mary's Threads for hosting another year of the Smalls SAL.  I was neglectful when I wasn't blogging and didn't participate in this wonderful SAL, but I am happy to report I am all in for 2022.  I believe everyone is welcome to participate whenever you are able to.  Here is a link to her blog http://www.marysthread.com/ 


So I have 2 small finishes for the month besides the witch that I posted a few weeks ago.  The first one is from Melissa's blog https://pinkernpunkinquilting.blogspot.com/  .  If you look at the side bar and click Valentine's freebies and go to the second page dated 1/11/2022 you will find this simple cute freebie.  I used some Sulky's 12wt thread and a scrap piece of white linen.  Can't wait to make it into a pillow.

Last night I finished this ornament for my son Bradley.  I just have to FFO it.  I changed the colors to his favorite - Blue that I just picked from my stash of DMC.  It is called His Gift by My Big Toe Designs and it was in the JCS Christmas Ornament 2012 issue.

            

                                          

If you don't mind, I am just going to post my update on my larger project as well.  I tried to load a before picture but it wouldn't let me so here is my update so far.  It is Circle de Coeur by Ink Circles Designs.  

         

                                        

I joined Semi Sane Stitchers on Facebook and I hope that it will help me finish this by February 7th 2023.  That will be my 25th wedding anniversary.  February's challenge is to work on something that is love.  My plans are to work on this as my larger project instead of rotating it.  Then to work on smaller pieces to meet other challenges.  Keep your fingers crossed I get a lot of stitches in.

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward in seeing everyone's work tomorrow.

Happy Stitching!

Mary


4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I think this is my first visit here!
    Your stitching is very beautiful! I’m intending to stitch Melissa’s pattern too, better get my skates on, tee hee! Nice stitching for your son too!
    Love your large project, hope you finish in time. Happy stitching!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barbra for stopping by and for your wonderful comment. I love Melissa's blog and all her beautiful stitching too. Thanks for the encouragement and I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work on your Smalls and your Large too! That really is a stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining the SAL last month! The small and the big project complement each other so well, and of course everything is wrapped up in LOVE as a gift for your son and for your anniversary! How perfect! Can't wait to see your progress on the Ink Circles, it is a gorgeous design and even though people just do different colors, it always looks so unique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW - April 2024

 Good evening everyone, This weekend was IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) for April hosted on Facebook by the lovely Jo from S...