Wednesday, July 10, 2019

July's FFO SAL Check-In

Good Morning Y'all,

I hope everyone has had a great couple of weeks with tons of stitching time.  I have been stitching everyday but only have one FFO to show you today.  That is ok, hopefully I will have more done in August.

Before I forget, thank you Rachel at the Ten Hour Stitcher for hosting this SAL.  It really does motivate me to fully finish my stitched pieces.


So, I was going through my collection of hand-dyed floss and decided I wanted to make something with them.  When you only have a skein or two, biscornu's are a great way to use them up.  I found the perfect pattern here on Louison's blog.  She is so generous and has hundreds of free biscornu patterns.  I chose #332 and I stitched it on 25ct white Lugana (3 over 2).

Side 1:
I am not sure of the color but it is Mo's Sales Thread.  I only had one skein so I had to improvise on side 2.

Side 2:  

I found some DMC #67 in variegated Baby Blue. It is a great match to the Mo's Sales Thread.  For the middle I used a brad (from the Scrapbook section) instead of a button.

Well, I am off to do some errands and then hopefully some stitching later.  Unfortunately, I have to rip out some thread and redo a section because the hoop messed up my stitches.  I guess that is why I normally stitch in hand.  Oh well, it was worth a try.

Hope you have a fabulous day!
Mary

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous biscornu, and a great idea! I usually only have one skein of a variegated or hand dyed thread too, and this wonderful way to use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in Mary! Your biscornu is beautiful. The pattern shows off the pastel colours really well. This is something I really should try, given that I also have variegated threads I don't know what to do with! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

April Gifted Gorgeousness

 Good morning everyone, I hope everybody is having a wonderful April.  I love this time of year where the sun shines bright and stays out lo...