Thursday, August 11, 2016

Some stitching goodies and WIP updates

Good Afternoon,

I hope you are enjoying your day.  My middle son is playing his first middle school football game of the season today.   It is out of town and about 1-1/2 hours away but if should be fun.  My husband took off of work tomorrow so that we can rest up.

Anyway, I made my rounds today and picked up some goodies.  I found the JCS Halloween issue at Walmart.  I have never bought the Halloween issue before but I am glad I did.  I saw many things I want to stitch in there.  I went to Michael's and picked up some Monaco fabric, floss and some stiff felt.  I can't wait to try the felt.  Lastly, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased the fabric and crochet thread.  The crochet thread is about the same weight as DMC Pearl cotton and if you put about 4-8 strands together you can make cording and it is more economical.

I also got to work on Happy Camper.  My sister-in-law wanted blue stripes and bottom so I picked out the blue.  I think it will work well together.
I decided to pull out and rotate my Ink Circles Circles des Cirque.  Since I have completed 30 finishes this year so far, I decided to make this my downstairs project (Happy Camper is for upstairs).  Since it is on black fabric I want to finish it before Winter so I can use the natural light.  It really helps a lot.

Well thanks for listening to me chat and share in my WIPS and goodie shopping.  I hope to tackle some more "finishing" next week.

Until next time,
Mary

3 comments:

  1. I think both of your WIPs are looking good. So, what are you going to stitch on the black Monaco fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I revisited your photo and it was black felt you picked up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. I haven't decided what to do with the fabric. I have so many to-do projects I am sure I will find a use. I might dye it.

      Delete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...