Friday, February 1, 2019

January 2019 wip round-up

Hi y'all,
Hope everyone that is affected by the Polar vortex is hanging in there. Our coldest day in Western Kentucky was on Wednesday and it was 15 degrees but with the wind chill of -4. I realize we were very lucky.
Crazy thing is, we will be in the 60's this weekend. Unfortunately, it won't last.

Now onto the stitch goodness. I thought I would post a round-up of all the larger projects I have been working on.  I have about 7 wips but not all of them got into the rotation.

Here is what made its way into my hands.

1st is a new start. It is my fist Nora Corbett and I love her so much! It is called Geranium Fairy.

I am stitching her with called for floss on 28ct Joblean in Lambswool.

2nd, is Darth Vader. He is my Wednesday project. It is for my sister Dawn. It is on some 28ct Monaco that I hand-dyed. I am so sad that they are discontinuing this fabric.


The next project was also a new start for the SAL in Bewitching Stitches Facebook group. It is from the 2016 JCS Halloween issue. It is called The Key by Stitchyfish Designs. I hand-dyed 32ct Belfast linen.
Last but not least, I started a SAL by Mimi. She has a beautiful blog. I will post it next time. Unfortunately, the sign up is closed. I have to keep up with each part and is released every 2 weeks. I am working on the 3rd one now.

My after and before picture.
I am using the called for DMC on 32ct Ivory linen.

Thank you so much for looking and for your kind comments.

Mary


6 comments:

  1. What fabulous WIPs you featured and worked on during January! Good for you! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, I like your SAL with Mimi. The temperature here in the UK is cold just now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful stitching Mary. I love those colors. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great variety of projects to work on to keep your interest. Oh,bitter cold here too and in a few days it will be 50!! Crazy weather but a good excuse to stay in and stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Paducah! I was quite close before we moved, across the river near Cape. It was really chilly for those few days. Love the Vader stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great projects, and your hand-dying is amazing. I love particularly the material for Bewitching Stitches x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW - April 2024

 Good evening everyone, This weekend was IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) for April hosted on Facebook by the lovely Jo from S...