Friday, January 26, 2018

January - Small's SAL 2018 check-in

Hi y'all,

How are you doing?  I am doing great!  I have a finish to share with you but it isn't a small.  I guess if  you breakdown the 2 flowers I did into 2 smalls I can get away with it.  Right?  haha.  I am sure you don't mind me sharing this since I don't have anything else to show.

The lovely Heather at the stitchinglotus is again hosting the Smalls SAL and it is so much fun.  Here is a link to her blog in case you are interested.

Well as promised, I have completed the Season's in Chalk by Hands on Design "Summer" that was in the June 2016 JCS issue.  I dyed my own 28 ct Monaco and changed the color of the flowers from the original.  I decided to make it into a pillow.  I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a pillow form. I just need to get motivated to get behind the sewing machine. 

My conversion for the flowers were 791, 794, and 798.

I am currently working on a Sunflower biscornu for next month's finish.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.

Mary

15 comments:

  1. I really like your take on the summer chalkboard piece. What colors did you use for the flowers? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Great idea for a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very summer great job with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chalkboard piece Mary. You did a great job choosing colors of your choice. Sounds like you are having fun too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. You picked great colours for your pillow. Looking forward to seeing the biscornu pic in February.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty finish. So bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreeing with all above; love your colour choices! Nice start for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from the Smalls SAL linkup, lovely colors you have chosen for the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your colors! They are so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty finish - and such cheerful colours to brighten up January x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colours, so cheerful when it's still cold outside

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your Summer looks amazing, you have done such a beautiful job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow !!! it really beautiful so much.i like your good idea Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed over read your blog post.
    Your blog have nice information, I got good idea from this amazing blog.
    I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again…
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW - April 2024

 Good evening everyone, This weekend was IHSW (International Hermit and Stitch Weekend) for April hosted on Facebook by the lovely Jo from S...