Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 Smalls SAL- Last one for 2017

Hi everyone,

I am here to post a few smalls I have completed this week for the 2017 Smalls SAL hosted by Heather @ The Stitching Lotus.

Heather is hosting this SAL next year and you can join anytime.  It is really a great motivational tool to get smalls done.

The 1st one I completed was Ho Ho Ho Santa from Prairie Schooler.  It was in the 2014 JCS Ornament issue.  I stitched it on Hand Dyed 18ct Chia Tea Aida by me and misc floss to match my fabric.


The bottom is a little messed up on the white but the stitching looks good so hopefully that overshadows my mistake.

The 2nd finish is called Swirly Hat by SanMan Originals and it was a design on the message board.  Sadly, she has fallen ill and the message board hasn't returned but I still think about her and hope she is doing ok.

This is stitched on some old 18ct Aida.

Lastly, I FFO'd both houses as gifts for in sister-in-laws.  I hope they like it.


The only difference is the first one has more grass and then I decided why do I need to stitch all of this grass?  So I recharted it and think it looks ok.

Well that is all for me.  I have been sick so haven't wanted to stitch anything big and with my sons and husband home until Wednesday, Jan, 3rd I know I won't get a lot of stitching done.

I hope you have a fun New Years and have loads of time to stitch.

Mary







6 comments:

  1. Cute Smalls and nice finishing! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching. Love them all, especially the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your smalls Mary. The second one is so cute and one I hadn't seen before. I always love PS Santas. Great job. Happy New Year. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your smalls are super. I love the PS one and need to add it to my list for 2018. The framed houses look great. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one Jolly Santa and that swirly hat stitch is so cute! I bet it felt great to have the houses done AND framed. I think framing is a special accomplishment all on its own haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely smalls! Hope you are feeling better, and Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...