Thursday, December 14, 2017

2 large (to me) FFO's and some plans

Hi y'all,

How are you doing?  I hope things have been going well since I last posted.  The family and I are doing great and the kids can't wait for Winter break next week. 

Thanks again to Jo at Serendipitous Stitching for hosting the blogger of the week.  It was so much fun and I got to "meet" some wonderful stitchers as well as new followers.  Welcome to my blog.

I decided to join the 2018 Christmas Ornie SAL hosted by Kaye at Kitten Stitching.  Here is a link to her blog here and you can sign up if you want.  I actually forgot I signed up for 2017 and didn't contribute this year, but I am going to try to do better in 2018.  I already have Jan and Feb lined up.

In addition, Heather at The Stitching Lotus here will continue to host Smalls SAL into 2018 which I am so happy.  Even though I am trying to stitch larger projects I will always love my smalls.

So, what have I been stitching and completing since November.  Well, I fully finished the Connie Gee 2017 Rainbow SAL.  I used a limited edition cotton floss called Lurchen by Carrie's Creations thread.  The pillow form I purchased was too small so I had to improvise.  I think it turned out really cute and my son Brentley really likes it.

Yesterday I was able to finally finish House 2 for my SIL.  I will order frames for both houses next month after Christmas.  That nomostitchmo really helped me complete this project.  I hope my SIL's like their gift.

Now that the house is completed I will pull out White Tigers and that will be my nomostitchmo project.  My son Blake was happy I am working on it.

Here is where I left off last.
Hopefully, I will have some really good progress next time I post at the end of the month.

I just got done prepping 2 projects and can't wait to start on them.  I was going to continue to work on Summer by Hands on Design chalk series but I don't feel like stitching it right now.

I want to get these projects done because I am going down to Florida in early April for my sisters wedding.

The first one is a baby sampler for my soon to be born great-niece. I found this cute design on Etsy and it is by NikkiPattern. I decided to stitch it on 28ct Ant. white Cashel.

The theme of the nursery is forest and my nephews girlfriend likes foxes so I thought this would be cute.

Next, I am going to start my very first fairy.  I asked my mom what her favorite flower was and she loves Tulips.  The only fairy I could find was Anneke the Tulip Fairy by Cross stitching Art.com.  I bought the chart on 123stitch! and I am using 32ct Taupe Lugana and the called for threads and beads. This will be her Mother's Day present.


Thanks again for looking and I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season.

Mary

10 comments:

  1. Lovely finishes and good looking projects that you have waiting to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pillow Mary. I really like the colors in it and how pretty the design is. Your other projects look great too. I think the house will be fantastic for your SIL. And the fairy is so sweet for your Mom. And what a cute theme for you little niece. Great projects that will keep you very busy. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have already started on the fairy and it is so much fun.

      Delete
  3. Wow you have been really busy. It's lovely to have met you via Jo's Blogger of the Week! I love the pillow you have made - such gorgeous colours and patterns x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad we met as well. Thank you so much, it was really fun to pick out the colors.

      Delete
  4. I am glad that you found some new followers throught the Blogger of the Week feature!
    The Connie Gee looks great as a cushion.
    It will be lovely to have you joining in with the Christmas SAL next year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I look forward to joining the Christmas SAL and already have January and February picked out.

      Delete
  5. Your rainbow SAL finish looks brilliant as a pillow! Love your new Tulip fairy, it will be fun to see how she stitches up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for looking at my blog and your nice comments.

      Delete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...