Monday, August 28, 2017

August 2017 Smalls SAL check-in

Hi y'all,

Heather at The Stitching Lotus is hosting a smalls SAL throughout the year.  You can join at any time and is a lot of fun.  I keep forgetting when we are suppose to post so I am a few days late.



I have been really busy and have several things to show you.

#1- Storm Trooper ornament by DJ stitches on Etsy.  I made this for my son Blake who loves Star Wars.

#2- 1 out of 2 Blackwork designs by Seba Designs that was in the Sept/Oct 2009 JCS issue.  I wanted to try Petite Treasure braid.  It was wonderful to work with considering it is metallic, however, there isn't much on the card and had to omit some of the design.  I still love how it turned out.  You can't tell, but I found some Swartzkof crystals on clearance at Michael's and used some as embellishments.  I will do the other ornament with blue braid and crystals.
Next, of course I had to do something Halloween since Fall/Halloween is my favorite time of year.  I finished this yesterday so I missed out on Theme - Tas - Stitch furry themed.  Would a rat be eligible?  Oh well, he is cute anyway.  I omitted the border.  It is called Rats! by The Stitcherhood on 28 ct Monaco dyed my me.  It was in the 2016 Halloween Collectors Edition.
4th and last is my August section completed on Connie Gee Designs 2017 SAL.  I used Carrie Creations floss in Key Lime.
How it looks so far:
Here are 2 pictures I framed myself.  1st is the Ink Circles I completed in May.  I found a frame at the store and spray painted it black. (Sorry about the glare)
Lastly, Here is a finish I did about 10 years ago or so.  I love it. I don't have info on it but I believe it was a SAL on a blog.
I do have some projects on the go and I hope to have pictures next time to show you.  Thanks for looking and have a great day.
Mary

3 comments:

  1. Mary, your finished finishes are super. The framed pieces turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Smalls this month. The Stormtrooper is great as is the blackwork.
    Of course, Ink Circles is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary: You have been busy, love the Mouse ornament, of course they are all lovely.
    The Samplers are beautiful.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for commenting on my blog. It is really appreciated.

IHSW for March

 Good Morning Everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Since it was the third weekend of the month so it was time for the Internat...